Introduction: Welcome to the Past

Hello, my fellow classmates and bloggers. It is a pleasure to have the opportunity to share with you all a bit of who I am and what interests me. My name is Mike Knipp. I am a 20-year-old Arizona native, passionate about the preservation of the outdoors lifestyle. I have grown up in a loving family, not afraid to let me get dirt under my fingernails and scrape my knees. The majority of my childhood weekends were spent either riverside with a fishing pole in my hands, or on an early morning mountaintop, peering through binoculars with my hunting rifle slung over my shoulder. As an avid outdoorsman, I attribute many of the qualities I possess as a human being to my experiences in God's country. I take great pride in a sense of self-reliance and minimalism. I feel that with a whole lot of hard work, and the wisdom to support it, there is no excuse for anyone to not find success. For some, it comes easier; for some, harder. Nevertheless, no one said life would be fair and all we can do is grit our teeth and keep on hammering. I apply this philosophy to my own life and keep in mind all of the obstacles I have overcome for the sake of creating a better life for my future family. Regardless of where I end up, I have truly been blessed just to have been born in this great nation.

My plans in life are nothing more than a goal which will undoubtedly meld and mesh into different forms as time goes on. I live with the understanding that nothing in the future is set in stone, and nothing in the past is fluid. That being said, if you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time. Therefore, I have planned out for myself what I believe to be a path to success for my own personal life. This semester, I will be finishing my Associate's Degree in Emergency Management and Fire Operations. This pertains to my current career. I work seasonally as a wildlands firefighter for the State of Arizona. Moving forward, I will begin next semester at Grand Canyon University to pursue a Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Economics. I have always had a passion for finance ever since I was a young boy, habitually counting the coins in my piggy bank, hoping they would multiply.
From there, I intend on establishing my own financial firm which will give me the platform I need to help others who are desperately trying to gain control of their finances, just as I've witnessed my own family and friends do. Financial peace frees the individual up to build wealth, grow relationships, and, (the most important part), be outrageously generous.

I believe in, and attempt to accomplish in my own life, a perfect balance of old and new. I have an immense amount of respect and appreciation for our history as the human race, and more specifically, as the great nation of The United States of America. This country has given my family the opportunity to build a life and earn success through hard work and dedication to the pursuit of "The American Dream". In this blog, I will be comparing and contrasting the ideologies of progress within the financial and economic industry with respect to our past and present as a nation. I will also be incorporating helpful tips on how to budget, save, responsibly spend, and long-term invest.  I am honored to be able to share the knowledge which I have accrued through personal studies and life experiences. I hope that you all will be able to find even the smallest bit of information to apply to your own lifestyle and finances. Remember, a small change today can lead to a massive outcome in the end. I look back on the past for guidance, focus in the present for enjoyment, and gaze into the future for hope.


Good fortune and Godspeed,
-Mike Knipp

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts