How Come My Pictures Turn Out Like Crap??

If you took a look at my last post, you noticed that I recently purchased a new camera, a Canon T4i. Well, not new, per say, but new to me! I am a big fan of buying and selling second-hand. I picked up this camera (with a lifetime shutter count of less than 1,000), an 18-55mm Canon lens, a Neewer CN-216 light, and a multitude of additional accessories for $300, less than 40% of this camera's marketed value. I am excited to start documenting my hunting, shooting, and fishing trips with this awesome camera. But, as many of you know, quality photography is much more than "point and shoot".

Image result for canon t4i

I did some research on YouTube (by far my favorite database) and found a load of great tutorials. Some were simply explaining the fundamentals of photography (ie. aperature, field of view, shutter speed, iso, etc.) and some were directed specifically at mastering the functions of the T4i. Below are some of the most helpful videos I checked out. If you are interested in getting into photography like I am but you don't know where to start, check out these guys' channels. They are a wealth of knowledge.

After watching these videos, my photos got a TON better and the quality skyrocketed. An understanding of the effect of light on a photo is paramount.




I am greatly looking forward to including some of my photos and videos on this blog in the near future. I think photography (while often a cliche hobby) is pretty neat, and will be used by myself mostly to document and remember all of the fun things I do, rather than to share with others in an artsy fartsy way.

Until next time,

Good Fortune and Godspeed.
-Mike Knipp


Comments

  1. Hey Mike, I really like your blog! I have a friend who is really into photography and I've learned a lot from him. Photography is a beautiful way of expressing what one sees and I can't wait to see some of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike--Your blog is looking great. You have a comfortable and confident voice, great context (lead in and sign off), and pretty solid development (analysis, point and support). Keep digging to create significance for your reader. Good visual appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do, rather than to share with others in an artsy fartsy way.


    thai porn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pay Me To Do Assignment Things are very open and intensely clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great work. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information here in the blog for students.
    Mechanical Engineering AutoCad Help

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really great work. Thank you for sharing such a good and useful information here in the blog for students.
    i need help with my case study

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts