Free Films For Fun

If you've taken a look at some of my past posts, you've most likely seen mentioning of my future business proposal. I would love to some day be able to turn a passion of mine into a lucrative business. The passion I speak of is hunting and shooting. Essentially, I'd like to start a pest control company which utilizes air rifles rather than poisons, traps, or bulky blockades. For more information, take a look at my previous post from March 3, 2017, titled "My Big Idea". As I pursue this passion and journey, I would like to document it in a creative and entertaining way. I figured, what better to do than make a YouTube channel!

Personally, I love YouTube. It's a wealth of knowledge and entertainment right at your fingertips, and it enables the consumer to just as easily become the provider.

  In today's culture, if you have a camera and internet access, you can be famous.

Although my goal is not to become famous or wealthy off of this endeavor, I do want my content to be seen by as many people as possible in order to spread awareness of the ethical nature of hunting and shooting sports. As I mentioned in another previous post, YouTube has demonitized (taken away revenue from) all channels featuring guns, so I'm not looking to make a profit off of this. I merely enjoy what I do and I think others will enjoy watching it.

To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, go take a look at these three channels. They got me started in the airgun culture at a young age, and I aspire to model my channel after certain aspects of each of them.










If all goes well, I'll be able to get my channel up and running this summer while working in Wyoming. Wyoming is an outdoorsman's paradise, rich in wild game. This should be the perfect opportunity to get many hunts on camera. Steps which I have taken to get this thing going include:

1. Acquiring a Canon Rebel T4i camera, Rode mic, tripod, lapel mic, and video stabilizer
2. Studying video/audio editing in order to produce fluid and aesthetically pleasing content
3. Becoming extremely familiar with and confident in my hunting and recording gear as to ensure as little hiccups as possible.
4. Attaining land owners' permission to film hunts in private, game-rich environments.

As I have noticed a massive surge in popularity of channels such as these, I expect to have a starting audience of a few hundred. This number has been observed to grow above 1.5 million in certain quality outdoor channels. I believe that if I put to use the skills which I have learned in my English 102 class, I will be able to sustain an engaging voice, maintain trust with my audience, and ensure high quality content in every episode. I look forward to putting my shooting, editing, and rhetoric skills to the test.

Until next time,

Good Luck and Godspeed.
-Mike Knipp

Comments

Popular Posts