(Re)Introduction: A Peek at Mike's Life

If this is your first time taking a look at my blog Funding the American Dream, welcome! I'm glad you're here. If you take a look at some of my earlier postings, you'll catch a glimpse of what I am passionate about, my ideas, my values, and my goals. As it is that I am starting a new class in which many of you will be seeing this blog for the first time, I feel that it is appropriate and very much called for that I provide for you a snapshot of who I am, as shown in my earlier posts. I hope you'll find that as the number of my posts increases, so does your desire to read. *Fingers Crossed*

I started this blog as an assignment, as many of you will do with your own blogs. However, I quickly realized the enjoyment which I found by sharing my ideas and views on such a platform. It functioned as a whiteboard for my brain; blank parchment for my imagination. I love the idea of taking raw element and creating beauty and substance. That is my goal with this blog now. It has morphed from extrinsic motivation to earn a good grade, to intrinsic motivation to effectively and concisely translate my mind to text. I have found that it is harder than I imagined at times. Nevertheless, I enjoy the challenge.

Well, let's get on with it. Shall we?

As you know, my name is Mike Knipp. My birth-given name is Michael, after my grandfather. He's an incredible man. If I could live just half of the life experiences which he has, I think I could write a best-selling autobiography. Here, he and I are together after my graduation of Fire Academy, Class 102-16.

I was honorably awarded with the Chief Tom Healy Gold Rung Memorial Award
As a twenty-year-old, I feel that I am fairly experienced. I have been hunting, fishing, backpacking, and enjoying the outdoors since I was old enough to walk. I shoot competitively in both high-power and smallbore silhouette competitions, currently residing in AA class and AAA class respectively. I am skilled in four trades (framing, metal fabrication, welding, and electrical). I'm not fluent in Spanish but I speak enough to know when I'm being spoken about. Throughout high school, I maintained a 4.15 GPA while playing three different sports (wrestling, football, and track & field) and working a part-time job.

Since being in college, I have worked two seasons on a Type III Engine as a wildlands firefighter for Arizona State Forestry and Fire Management. Starting in May, I will be working as a helicopter crew member and firefighter for Wyoming State Forestry Helitac.

Yuma Defensive Firing Operation: July, 2016

State Type III Engine, 38E Fire
As I am finishing my Associate's Degree in Emergency Management and Fire Operations this semester, I will be starting at Grand Canyon University in the Fall. There, I will be earning my Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Economics over the next two years. I greatly look forward to being done with school and continuing on with a career. I hope to one day run for a political position and enter into politics, as it is a major passion of mine alongside economics.

As a Christian, every aspect of my life is focused on one goal. That goal is to honor God and bring glory to Him. The best way I can do that is to love others and to love Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. As I have many aspirations, none of them mean anything if I do not love. I could achieve all that I am capable of, and even more, and it would all be pointless if I had not loved those who I encountered and shared the Grace of God with them along the way. I am thankful for each day that I get another chance to let God use me to make an impact on someone's life. To quote a famous philosopher, "That's all I have to say about that."

Until next time,

Good fortune and Godspeed.
Mike Knipp


Comments

  1. Mike, your hard work and dedication to the things you love is absolutely refreshing and motivating! I am starting a blog for the first time, and seeing how yours has positively influenced you makes me look forward to building up mine. You have assembled a highly impressive repertoire in your life, and I am grateful you allowed us to take a peak at it. While reading through your post I seriously began to think "goodness, this guy would make a great positive political figure", then I had noticed you actually are aspiring towards that (making the title of your blog even more epic), which is fantastic! The photos you have shared are striking, and I cannot wait to see what your upcoming posts have in store!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts